View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_rookie View Post
I have actually found (as i’m sure most people have) that SMR seems to be a very conservative figure. Most of their values are below recent auction and buy-it-now prices. I rarely sell cards on eBay, but when I do I use PSA’s auction tool to determine where to set my listing price. Before I knew that tool was available, I went off of SMR and jacked up the price to factor in eBay and PayPal fees. I figured either the market is stronger than I thought or I’m doing something wrong (probably the latter) because my cards were selling within minutes of listing them. Then I discovered their auction pricing tool and adjusted accordingly. The cards don’t sell as quickly, but they eventually do and for a higher price.
They are definitely conservative. I've been looking a lot lately at the Sport Kings set and I can't find PSA cards for the prices on the SMR.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre