View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Barry Sloate

Scott- I know you are upset, and you and your dad are both my friends. But given the card was cracked out, and you have no receipt of purchase price, you should be a little more flexible.

I don't know how you got to the point with SGC that things got contentious, but I'll guess it had something to do with the amount of money they offered you, which you feel is not enough.

At this point I'm not sure if it is the amount of money that you are upset with, or the tenor of the email you received, or both. I would suggest both sides take a time out, that SGC offer an apology for the email, and that both parties agree on a reasonably fair compensation...and then everybody move on.

We have the Bill Latzko-REA thread churning along and I feel the same way about that one. Rob made a fair offer, and even if Bill didn't find it to be perfect he should have accepted it and moved on. Believe me, I've had disputes with customers that didn't always work out exactly as both parties would have liked. Well you know what- life can be like that sometimes. No reason to end friendships or relationships over it. Just work out something that both sides can live with and move on.

But it would be a nice gesture if SGC apologized to Hank and Scott over that email.