View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Default Reponse to question below (item #1845951779)

Posted By: scott (runscott)

Of course strip cards came in strips, and of course, way back in the '20s, little kids cut them into individual cards. Nobody had a problem with that. Someone who got a little greedy took an old cut strip card and tried to trim it down to look nicer - he failed and left two obvious tears that went across the "dotted line" into the card. He acknowledged this when he tried to re-sell it. I won't open up this can of worms here, but I am curious about something: we know that SGC will grade strip cards that were "vintage cut". If the SGC grader knew that a strip card was cut yesterday, would he still grade it? Okay, forget that and back to the current issue.

Henry Yee is now selling the same card, but now the tear located on the upper part of the card has been restored and Henry now describes it as a "1/4" craese". Well, yeah, I guess that's what the restorer turned it into - magic: tear is now a crease. This is frowned upon by most collectors, but it is even more disgusting that Henry did not describe the card as restored. As others have said, and I agree, if you are accepting consignments then YOU are now the seller in the eyes of the buyer. If you are too busy or whatever to write up accurate descriptions or to give the items a good looking over prior to listing, then GET OUT OF THE CONSIGNMENT BUSINESS.

--------------------------------------------
no disclaimer - temporarily taking responsibility for my actions