View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default HELP w/New Hartland Fox, Aparicio and Banks Lamp Discoveries!

Hi Gang:

I assume most of you are familiar with the Mickey Mantle Hartland lamp. See below

As an advanced Hartland collector I am always looking for ANYTHING Hartland related. About eight years ago I saw a Nellie Fox lamp on ebay. I won it. I assumed this was a homemade job done by a White Sox fan in his basement. It was different in that the Fox statue was not painted gold like the Mantle. However the wood base was the same as was the actual lamp part as well. It came with an odd looking shade.

Years go by and I found and acquired an Aparicio lamp from a collector in Chicago that appeared to be just like my Fox lamp. This time without a lampshade. Figured again the guy in his basement made the Looie lamp too.

Fast forward to earlier this year. A long time major Chicago collector and his wife's collection were auctioned off in three or four auctions over multiple weeks. People flew in from all over the country to bid on the massive amount of stuff!

Well, surprise surprise, in his collection were a Fox as well as an Ernie Banks lamp that were EXACTLY like my Fox and Aparicio lamps!!! These lamps did have lampshades that were different than the one I had.

So, to my mind no more homemade in the basement. I now have two exactly alike Fox lamps, shown side by side below.

Since, I have spoken to a few Chicago area collectors and one recalls seeing these in a store and/or advertised around the time of the 1959 World Series in which the White Sox played the Dodgers.

I have been unable to find out any information on these three lamps.

Does anyone else out there have any of these? Seen them, or have any information in the way of ads etc. that show the lamps? HOPE SO! If so, please share.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2272.jpg (76.2 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2270.jpg (75.0 KB, 406 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2269.jpg (75.6 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2271.jpg (76.1 KB, 406 views)