View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I agree completely. There are plenty of cards that are collectible and affordable. I was fondling this rookie this morning remembering the days I was collecting Topps in the late 60s, very cool. And this Harrington's (to get back to pre-war) I picked up from a table mate a few years ago at the National. Nothing expensive here but still pretty neat cards for a grown up kid. (or an "ungrown" up kid too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I agree that people claiming they can't afford to collect any more is pretty ridiculous. I can't afford a Koufax or Clemente 8 any more, but nice mid grade examples are still affordable and readily available. And if those are out of your price range recent events shouldn't impact you at all because you weren't buying even at the old prices.

I understand the outrage if people truly believe the market is being manipulated. I don't think anyone can say with certainty that it's not at least possible something shady is going on. But I believe most of the people who are the most upset feel that way either because they sold key cards before the price increase, or failed to step up for the cards they wanted and are now priced out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cards.jpg (76.3 KB, 263 views)