View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: Cy

You ponted out that greenies may not have given the player an advantage. Others made this comment too. I am using your post because it is the most recent.

Bonds is being singled out because he is considered a cheat. But if a person tries to cheat but it backfires on him or it doesn't work in any shape or form, isn't that player still a cheat because he tried? If a pitcher puts vaseline on the ball but he is not good at throwing the spitter, he still cheated even though he didn't get the results he wanted.

Whether a player of the 60's actually received any true assistance from the greenies, he took them because he thought they would give him an enhancement. And that is the same situation that Bonds is in right now. There have not been any studies that truly assert that steroids will make someone a better baseball player. (OK, I do believe they will.) But there is no concrete proof. So for all practical purposes, steroids may have the same (non)affect on baseball players as greenies did. But the main issue is that the players of the 60's took them just as the players of the 90's took steroids, because they thought it would help them. This, to me, makes either both eras cheaters or neither era cheaters.

Sincerely,

Cy