View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 10:09 AM
Arthur R!ch

Default We need an '80s Collectors Coalition

There are seemingly hundreds of interesting errors and variations that have no chance of getting recognized by any of the third party graders. No one takes the decade seriously. While I don't care about slabbing cards to make money, I do believe that an active pop report would be a valuable resource in determining an EorV's rarity and condition sensitivity.

I think if we got a group of collectors together that could both pass an official judgment on a card's status but also be able to then provide proper information to the research departments we might actually get some of these things we love recognized officially.

I think Dylan, Al, and Bob would be a good start. That would cover the entire decade. I have no doubt there are other worthy members, I just don't post here enough to know them.

But nobody is going to suddenly care about the 1980s if we don't force their hand. Plus, for the life of me, I can never figure out why the TPGers are so reluctant to label variations when it only increases submissions for them. I don't know, I'm just spitballing.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx