Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a lot for taking the time to comment, guys, I really appreciate it. And of course, your kind words are also really wonderful.

Jay, I couldn't have done it without ya!

Scott, I'm glad you like it so much. Did you receive Vandy yet? If so, what's the verdict?

Mark, that's quite a compliment. That's definitely the kind of effect I was going for. Or, trying to go for. I think in this case, the pose really helped - it has such a classic feel to it.

Ben, thank you so much!

Travis, time it takes to do these paintings vary from piece to piece. The smaller 16" x 20" player portraits only take a few weeks, though the larger, more detailed images usually take a month or in some cases, many. It all depends on how complicated of an image it is as it relates to research, elbow grease and anything else you can think of. Right now, I'd say that I'm consistently averaging about 20 paintings of varying sizes per year - though it's probably even more than that.

99% of the paintings I seem to do are sports related, with about 95% of them being baseball related. I've done a few football pieces here and there, as well as a golf painting, but I have yet to tackle boxing. Hopefully I will soon!

Thanks again, everybody.

Graig