Thread: Spousal Support
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Steve Birmingham

My wife is very supportive of all my hobbies, and knows a fair bit about each one. (Big fun watching her deal with a flea market card dealer who wasn't really up on things- "It's rare, and in great shape for it's age" "Uh, it's got creases and a tear, and it's a common, nicer ones are all over Ebay at about 1/3 of what you want for it" ) .
It's great to have someone to discuss potential purchases with, she's got a bit different perspective about some stuff. And it really helps since I'm not broke, but do have to choose what I buy. An expensive card might mean buying nothing for the rest of the month.

And the responses range from "I don't think it's a good deal/the right time" to "How does it fit the collection" to "hey that's really nice, just buy it"
The last of those was about a bike part I liked but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend as much as I did.

It helps that I'm interested and somewhat knowledgeable about her hobbies. She had the same fun watching me discuss the relative merits of some bit of quilting gear over a different one as I had with the flea market card guy.

Steve B