View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Since I already have the 33 Goudey set practically done, I would probably do the 1915 CJ. I have thought about my collecting focus these days, and I have decided that I really want to collect cards that I like staring at, e.g., cards with poses and images that I really like. This seems obvious, but sometimes with set collecting, you're just trying to check another card off your list, and you don't really care for the image of the card that much. And the CJ set has a lot of images that I really like such as Cobb, Wagner, Mathewson, and Jackson, which I find very exciting. It is also very, very expensive, but that can it challenging as you try to find a good example with nice eye appeal and still within your budget. I thought about the 1914 CJ set a lot also, but I think the 1915 set will be better for me. The 1914 set is simply too expensive and there are too many cards that are too difficult to find. Frankly, I don't think I'd be up for it. And personally, I think I'd prefer cards with less staining than is present in most of the 1914 set. About T206, I always think that I want to try it someday, but I really think it's overvalued right now with all of the backs. I cannot see myself paying huge premiums for backs of commons. If I'm paying big money for a card, I'd like it to be a notable HOFer or one of the classic cards in the hobby, and not because the back has Uzit on it. Don't get me wrong, I think the back run is beautiful, and something I'd like to do some day. For myself, I don't think it's worth it right now at these prices.