View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 AM

Default Subjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Not just that... condition appears to be phenomenal. Extremely well cared for, as these were often prone to damage and necessary restoration over the years. Yours is a a stellar example. Very tough to find them this clean...

One last positive benefit... the Catcher Trophy is often considered to be the most beautiful and desirable of the five. I believe it to be the second rarest, and perhaps the most valuable (about "even" with the Batter Trophy).
Photobucket
Spalding Baseman Trophy (front)

Photobucket
Spalding Baseman Trophy (back)

I've noticed the catcher does seem to be the favorite of a lot of collectors...nevertheless it's subjective. I've always liked the baseman best... a lot more actually...The Fielder and the Baseman are my favorites....it's the action of the baseman...and those incredible bases.

Photobucket
Spalding Fielders Trophy

Photobucket

Although the Baseman is my favorite I don't have one (yet)....my membership in the Spalding Trophy Club is my one sole Fielder..Tradionally they've always been so expensive I've found I can get generally get more for my money with other figurals

Photobucket

Photobucket