View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post

Both Josh Hamilton and Matt Kemp have outside shots at a triple crown. Imagine if they both did it? I think that may have happened once before, with Lou Gehrig and Chuck Klein, but I'm doing it from memory so I'm not certain.
interesting barry imo there are a few guys that could challenge for the triple crown...back to these two i think hamilton have a better shot because he's a better hitter, with better teammates, and plays his home games in a more hitter-friendly park. besides that tho the odds are stacked against them...hamilton is injury prone and plays in a division with the angels/mariners/a's where their home parks really suppress hrs. kemp still doesn't make enough contact to help himself in the ba dept (his babip is out of this world tho when he does make contact) and he also plays in a crappy division with lots of big parks.

kemp's chase last season was special...and altho he's off to a torrid start this year we'd be pretty happy out here if he can come close to what he did last year (not even thinking about topping it).