View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbliss View Post
Ed - dacubfan - is that you as a kid in those pics? If I were your kids/grandchildren, I would be amazed! People on ebay would pay hundreds/thousands for those autographs not even knowing you! What a cool picture! I have a 1920s birth certificate of my grandpa, but I would trade it for a picture of him as a teenager in Ebbets field hanging with the Duke and PeeWee! Who cares about his birth... meeting the those guys as a kid would be much cooler! Did you get to meet Jackie?
Yes, that's me alright!! It seems so long ago that it's hard to believe it happened. No I didn't meet Jackie as he had already retired after the 1956 season. That would have been awesome. I did meet Roy Campanella and he did sign the ball that I still have from that night. It was just a few months before the accident that ended his career. Here are a few more pictures from the one and only game I attended at Ebbets Field. Being a Cubs fan I was probably more excited to meet the Cub players than the Boys of Summer at that time!! lol I do remember being disappointed that I did not meet Ernie Banks. Had to wait 30 more years to do that (picture attached). Just for the fun of it, the first one who can correctly identify the 4 Cubs players in these pictures I will send them a 1950's era program from Wrigley Field. NO cheating now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image (474).jpg (74.1 KB, 1225 views)
File Type: jpg Image (475).jpg (73.3 KB, 1230 views)
File Type: jpg Image (476).jpg (74.1 KB, 1227 views)
File Type: jpg Image (477).jpg (73.6 KB, 1225 views)
File Type: jpg Image (478).jpg (78.2 KB, 1223 views)