View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Mixed registry brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I have always wondered why a non-grader hasn't created their own registry which would accept either PSA or SGC (Beckett?) graded cards in order to accomodate a mixed graded set. IFor years, I have thought that was going to be the next evolution of VCP or even Net 54, but I was wrong.
I'd love to see it too, and would be willing to work on it. But I am not savvy enough to program it. Data entry would have to be on an individual basis. Verification of graded cards on the honor system??? Maybe.
Importing data from existing registries to combine them would probably not be accepted by PSA, SGC and BVG, and if it could happen, everyone would have to maintain two or more registries. My Monster set is 17% raw. We could post scans and let the group evaluate and grade the raw cards. Oh my this is getting complicated, but if there is some computer know how out there and interested parties to develop the ground rules, it could happen.

Having said all this, having a #1 or #2 rated Registry Set has never been nor will never be an aspiration of mine. Combining all the grades from three companies my spreadsheets tell me that my set is roughly a 3.5. My raw cards if graded would drag that number a bit lower. For now that knowledge is good enough for me.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.