View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 AM
P.hil €lli$

When I first started collecting T206 (about 6.5 years ago) I purchased both PSA & SGC as well as some raw cards. Whatever I could get my hands on at the grade that I was collecting.

After about 3 or 4 months, I decided that I wanted to only collect SGC because I wanted to display my cards and I liked the look of the SGC holder much better. I also liked their grading of cards.

So, by that time I probably had about 6 PSA cards in my collection. Over the years, I sold one of those PSA cards and in at least 2 different submissions, I tried to cross over the remaining 5 PSA graded cards. Only 1 of those 5 PSA cards actually crossed over to SGC in the same grade.........20% success rate with crossing from PSA to SGC. Now, I know that isn't a high number of submissions to totally get an accurate picture, but that is my experience.

So, back to your question, if you do want to go one way or the other (PSA or SGC), the sooner you decide to do it the better for you. Crossing over from one to the other is never a guarantee of success, never.

You may buy a PSA6 Hall of Famer for a lot of money and then try to cross it to SGC without success. Now you may take a loss on selling that PSA6 Hall of Famer and then pay more to get it in SGC down the road, losing money for yourself in the long run.