View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Wondering how they got the Sov 150 series with this layout combination?
I believe it was through different sheet configurations. Which 34 subjects and where they were positioned on a sheet was not a constant. ALC had the ability and did change these configurations throughout the set and each print groups production.

If they wanted to produce a back run with a certain number of subjects it would simply require enough different sheet configurations to include all of the desired subjects.

With that said I don't believe the sheet configurations were just randomly put together to include all of the desired subjects. A good deal of thought was put into each sheet and how it worked within the total subset and overall marketing plan for the back advertisement.

A good example is the Sweet Caporal No.649 OP sheet. This sheet was not likely configured specifically for this offering but rather one chosen from the Sweet Caporal 150 No.30 set being printed at the time. But I believe a close look at the sheet shows that it's configuration wasn't random but carefully put together and a good choice if only one sheet was going to be used.

Noticeably absent from this sheet is a Pittsburgh subject. Most likely they were on one or more of the other Sweet Caporal 150 No.30 sheets.

The sheets and how they were configured is a tangled mess that continues to be slowly unraveled. We will certainly learn more, but because of how the set was produced we will most likely never know it all.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 04-28-2012 at 10:09 PM.