View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
What's your most prized autograph? It might be because it's value, it might be because of the story of how you got it, it might be a relative, it could be anything. Everyone has a few they love more than all the others.

Here's mine.. My Babe Ruth I purchased last year from the original owner who got it as an 11 year old boy. Have a letter from him and the article from his local newspaper about when he got it.

I've wanted to own a Babe Ruth autograph for so long and last year I had the opportunity to purchase one after selling my 1935 Ohio State-Michigan program that was signed by practically the whole 1935 OSU team. I was sad to give up such a nice program, but it allowed me to add the piece to my collection that I had been longing for since I began collecting.
That's a terrific story to go with a great Ruth autograph, Matt. Hard to beat having an old newspaper article and letter tying it all together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
That is an awesome Ruth. Congrats.
I'll post my favorite later when I get home.
And although my dear friend Mark has about a gazillion autographs, I have a hunch on what his favorite is going to be. It also happens to be displayed in a terrific piece of folk art as well.

Here's mine. Gehrig and Ruth are my main collecting focus and my name is Jimmy, so that makes this a pretty easy choice for me...

gehrigjimmyAUTO.jpg

gehrigjimmycloseup.jpg