View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I don't have any "one" prized autograph, but I do have a prized autographed item. My 1988 50th Anniversary Hall Of Fame book signed (currently) by 68 HOF'ers including 20 that are deceased. The main thing for me is that I only get the book signed in person, so I've met everyone that's signed it. Every time I look at it I remember something about each player...thinking that both Gary Carter and Carlton Fisk would be jerks and then ending up talking to each for about 5 minutes about baseball, and becoming a big fan of both. Watching Sparky Anderson, obviously slowed by age, look at the page with his 75-76 Reds for what seemed like several minutes and then watching him break in to a big smile when I said that those were some great teams. Meeting Brooks Robinson, probably the nicest hof'er I've ever met. Watching Mickey Mantle light up an entire room as he entered and then finding myself turn in to an eight year old boy when shaking his hand. Last but not least, talking with Duke Snider as he was about to become the first to sign my book, and wiithout me asking, he hands me his HOF ring to try on. These are the times I really love this hobby.