View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Rick P

I'm afraid my collection would be graded "ADD". At the core, I would say the common thread is colorful graphics focused on entertainment and historic events from the 1930s-1940s, which I believe was the most transformative period in post-Civil War American history. The advertising items, publications, posters, and sleek-designed household items of that era are unique and in many ways timeless. For over 40 years I've gathered event tickets, sports, radio, movies, comics, pulps, politics, WWII homefront, Worlds Fairs, toys, music, theatre, product packaging, etc...the good news is that it's almost impossible to go antiquing and not find something, and that the variety allows me to go hot and cold on collecting categories without abandoning ship.

Strictly speaking, I'm not a sports collector, but I collect sports-themed items. The same could be said of almost every category except for old-time radio, where I gladly confess to being a hopeless fanatic. I continue to enjoy seeing the posts in this memorabilia forum...great inspiration and nice people.