Thread: Was I Shilled??
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hi Greg
Of course, and that is why I said "less likely". I guess if some of my fr conditioned cards were worked up from poor, and they now look presentable, I can live with that. Heck, I have erased pencil marks, soaked and used a cue tip and water on many of my own cards. I am guilty of that. I am curious, if you care to disclose, what about them was worked on?
Hi Leon,

Creases were attempted to be removed, attempts made to remove ink, missing stock was attempted to be concealed, in a most devious manner. Very obvious to me and not the innocent stuff you describe above.

It has always been my experience that value, not condition, is the determining factor of whether a card might undergo some form of alteration. It is unusual for me to end up with 100% of a purchase having been messed with but I do see a significant amount of cards in all conditions all values that I feel have had work done. Most are graded too.

Someone in the last couple days made a very astute post. Not sure which thread but he wrote that the only thing grading has done for the hobby is permit card doctors to make more money.

Greg