View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Default Grade Tickets??? Depends on the Ticket

I have hundreds of tickets in my collection. Many of them are graded. Some are slabbed authentic (because it is hard to explain the 1 or 2 numeric grade but I still like the details of the game on the slab) while the majority remain raw. Older Tickets were made to be handled and when they are in great condition they are very scarce. You need to understand that tickets are graded like baseball cards. If the grader sees a crease, no matter how small ,that ticket can't get better than a 5 (on rare ocassions a 6). Some tickets also aren't made with a perforation, so they have an uneven audit tear (again knocking the grade). Some paper also lends it self to very slight surface creasing (i.e. 52 brooklyn w.s. ticket and 1950 yankees w.s. tickets and 1943 w.s. cards tickets). It is almost impossible to find a ticket without a crease on those issues. I feel the strict ticket grading adds to obsession of obtaining the rarest of tickets. I HAVE RAMBLED, but keep this in mind, if a ticket stub is from the 1960s or earlier and is graded a 4 or better, rest assured that you have a beautiful ticket (maybe the nicest ever graded for that game).. If it is a 6 or better, you probably won't find another for the same game in the next 3-5 years in that nice of shape. P.S. Still looking for a world series 1927 game 4... Would love to trade or buy one....

Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 04-19-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: misspellings