Thread: Projects...
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss View Post
Love the thread, and would love help with my current projects. Here they are:

1919 Reds - looking for Hod Eller.

1919 Black Sox - looking for Abe Attell, and Pat Ragan

1914 Miracle Braves - looking for Lefty Tyler, Bert Whaling, Possum Whitted, Herbie Moran, Oscar Dugey, Paul Strand, Butch Schmidt, Salida Tom Hughes, Dick Crutcher

1903 Boston Americans - looking for Long Tom Hughes

Can anyone please help?

Steve
Hi Steve,
I'm sorry that I can't help with your collection, but I can tell you that Salida Tom Hughes is a real toughee as I've been looking for him for quite a few years myself for my no-hit pitcher autograph collection.

Hod Eller is another toughee to find. I have owned two, one of which is the GPC that I presently own as well as an album page pencil cut that I have since sold to another collector.

I will let you know if I hear about another Hod Eller being available in the hobby. Anticipate that both of these sigs are going to be very pricey, but you probably already know this.

Here is a look at Salida Tom when he was a member of the Miracle Braves and NY Highlanders as well as a look at my vintage Hodd Eller GPC.

Good luck in your search. These appear to be tough themes to complete, but that's what makes it fun, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thomas L. Hughes Boston Braves snapshot.jpg (38.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Thomas L. Hughes 1906 NY Highlanders snapshot.jpg (28.6 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Hod Eller GPC and picture.jpg (67.4 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-18-2012 at 05:37 AM.