View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Steve

"BTW, I finally found out who the big spender was-- a kid a year younger than me who went to a different school. Just happened to connect during high school through a mutual friend's sister. This guy was a hoarder, and didn't seem to "play with" his cards--just look once or twice and away they went to the drawer. Called him a few names and would have said more except he was a nice guy who loved to trade, and his now several-years old cards were in fantastic shape, especially compared to mine...."

Todd: I think that guy may have turned out to be every card dealer I ever met, but it probably is a little more sane to remain somewhat emotionally detached from the pasteboards. The kids who used to bug me were the ones who seemed to have unlimited personal allowances at the age of 8 or 9. I imagined young plutocrats spending a small fortune, like twenty bucks a week, on packs and lugging the haul in a backpack to school to lord it over the rest of us. In reality, those guys were probably just working harder to get what they wanted, or something.