View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillies*phan View Post
I was there but wish I wasn't except for meeting some members. I don't know what retail means in the t206 market but those prices were ridiculous. All the pages had 9 cards and they mostly sold for at least $300. Most of them had a few $10 cards, maybe 2 $30 cards and the rest $20 cards. My max bid was not over $200 on any of the common pages. If I lived closer I would have gone home and got my cards to sell
It was a 10' X10" room with about 40 people in it. Maybe they couldn't see what was being sold. Thank God for Ebay and the BST.
By retail I'm referring to my perceived "actual value" of the cards with little to no room to make money on resale. I agree with your assessment on the value of the common lots at $200. In fact, the six lots of commons that I won averaged just under $200. I wouldn't have gone another increment on any of them.

I expected to be able to pick up some bargains, but that wasn't the case. Some of the common lots went for double my max, and I think most of the singles went for at least two to three times my max.