View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Steven

First, I believe there are more CJ collectors now than 2 years ago and that is the only "error" variation to the master set which brings in both 1914 and 1915 collectors potentially. I made a cash offer of $1500 for one a couple months ago, and I collect primarily 1915s. Someday I may go after the master set if I ever found a Pratt and would need that Bresnahan...plus I think its cool being the only "error" to the set and felt confident I could at least break even or close to that at $1500.

Second, I know that seller as we have conducted business a couple times. He showed me that Bresnahan a couple months ago, the same card I made a cash $1500 offer on before it ever saw ebay.
For some reason the seller didnt go into the entire story in the ads, but another ebayers account was hacked into and that account originally bid on the cobb and wagner. Ive had this story confirmed by another board member as well. Im not saying anything in regards to the 2nd auction of the cards (Wagner and Cobb) as I did not follow it, but the 1st go around had lots of interest and I have personally seen those cards as well making a cash offer on the Wagner that he laughed at...it was a nice card if memroy serves.

Steven Suckow