View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:52 AM

Default Alternative format for online auctions...any thoughts?

Just throwing out an idea...wouldn't it be much better, less annoying, less time consuming, and I imagine more satisfying for both dealer and collector if ebay were to maintain certain periods of time (say, for example, Sunday evenings between 5 and 10 pm) for the ending of auctions, and auctions alone? Thus, no countless BIN's to sift through and glaze your eyes over? And these auctions would all have $9.99 (or perhaps a couple different reasonable levels of) opening bids with no reserves, so that all the dealers with inflated prices on their inventory would be reluctant to post 'auctions' during this time frame?

I don't see ebay implementing anything like this, but I could see a place like Grand Slam Bids doing so...thus dealers and collectors could both focus their energies once a week on one particular (or two if it were to prove successful) night, creating a focused marketplace for both parties.

Just a thought...I am very tired of how ebay has devolved, and I get exhausted searching for my precious cardboard nuggets. Any thoughts or alternatives to this idea?

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 03-17-2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: added alternatives as an alternative