View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Scott S

Default Fenway Park's 100th anniversary

As many of you may know, the 2012 season will mark the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park. To mark the occasion, the Red Sox are in the midst of planning many events throughout the year, on the field and around the park.

Inside of Fenway this season, there will be displays for all fans to view, of memorabilia commemorating the anniversary and featuring items from the history of Fenway.

I am excited to say that I will have a role in this, as the Red Sox have borrowed a couple of dozen (mostly pre-war) items from me to enhance their displays!

Included among these items were cards (Cracker Jack Speaker, Hooper), other E and T cards, and some old Boston Globe papers from 1912-ish.

Some of these items will be replicated for the sake of security when they are on display, but they all should be noted as being from the "Scott S Collection". If you find yourself at Fenway this year, take a peek!

And while we're at it, please post any pictures of vintage Fenway / Red Sox items which would fit the theme.....