Thread: AL and NL balls
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Big League Baseballs

Hey Brandon, you definitely know better than I do. I was impressed with the final price, but I wasn't going to sell unless it got close to that, just because I know how tough it will be to replace in the future.

$300 on his seems like a good estimate to me but it's tough to tell condition/stamping from the pictures. Mine had incredible stamping, limited toning. And I agree, Ebay has been strange for these lately. It seemed dead for so long and then I was surprised the last half year or so with some impressive sales prices. Might not always reflect value, but it can show demand. A lot of luck/timing too.

Reminds me of a listing someone sent me recently, blew my mind. Am I missing something about this Cronin? http://sep11.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...l?itemid=37746

On my sale, maybe it's just the fact that ball hadn't been listed on Ebay more than a few times in the last few years, so it had greater demand. But I'm still an amateur in vintage baseball collecting so maybe I'm naive. For what it's worth I received the following offers on it, and I know there are more direct offers I can't find after a quick email search:

$595 (sale price)
$575 (Ebay)
$400 (Direct/Email)
$475 (Ebay)
$575 (Ebay)
$400 (Ebay)

I received an an even higher offer right after it sold, over $600 IIRC, but I'm having trouble finding that email. It was too late anyway. Interestingly, two of the highest offers came from Canada, which is where the ball now resides. I'm gonna' miss that ball.