View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Strange for me that this thread show up now. I love T3's and bought a few small collections, won some lot auctions, along with some individual cards 6-7 years ago. Got some of them graded about 18 months back and when I got them back looked up some prices. I don't keep up with pricing, or the hobby in general anymore, but was surprised at low prices relative to what I had paid. They weren't any less but they weren't any more either. I'd have thought they'd have gone up some, and the big names had, but overall there wasn't much movement.
Fast forward to this week, when i somehow ended up on eBay looking at completed auctions. It looked to me like the prices were looking a little stronger.
I do think grading has had a negative effect on this issue and its value. Not the fact that the cards themselves are slabbed but more that there is no consistency with the grading. It's all over the place. If your means of assessing value is the grade on the slab, and for a lot of people it is, then you're up the creek.