View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default A comment and an answer

There is a misspelled name in the T206 set, that is unique for a reason not related to the spelling error. What is the error and why is it unique?

The misspelled player had a major league career that spanned 8 years, during which he hit two home runs.

Whether this thread lives in infamy or dies a slow painful death remains to be seen. I personally will not keep feeding questions as my supply is finite. I have learned a few good additions to my repertoire. Hopefully I can use them to win a few drinks at bars that I do not frequent. I will continue to follow the thread to the grave though.

Having made my comment, I will provide the answer to the above question.
Violat (actually Viola) and George Brown (actually Browne) are both valid answers, but the unique answer I was looking for was Sid Smith (actually Sydney or Syd Smith), who is unique because he is the only T206 player whose card includes his first name on the front. Yes there are some initials on other cards (H Davis, L Tannehill, and F Smith to name a few) and of course Happy Smith, but Happy is a nickname.

I'm including an image of Syd to complete this post. Let's get some more questions.

Last edited by frankbmd; 05-05-2016 at 08:58 AM.