View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
JeR@Me

Default Orange Borders - Update : Last 6 months...

After starting in 2008 collecting OB's, I was very fortunate to land a large grouping of 12 new OB's last year that pushed me from 4 to 16 Ob's. So armed with a few duplicates, I got busy trying to find the final 4 OB's I needed for my 20 card sub set. With the help of Robert from the board, we struck a 2 for 1 OB trade a few months back for #17 Burch (Thanks Robert !) and then I was able to land the very tough to find Thebo (#18) from a hobby friend over the holidays, and just last month was able to land #19 Hooks from another Hobby collector via trades, etc. Finally over the last 2 weeks, with the help of a our fearless Net 54 leader and through a board member, I was able to land #20, a very tough OB to find, Kipp ! I wanted to Thank all of these gentlemen for helping me to the finish line, and I don't think I would have ever got there without your help. (Special Thanks to Robert, Tony, Leon, and John for helping me with these final 4 cards) Collecting is fun, but it is more fun when you have guys in the hobby that can help you reach your collecting goals and you can help them in return with their collections. Thanks again guys, for helping me push through these last 6 months with these final 4 OB's I needed. I am complete !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3-Burch.jpg (85.2 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Thebo.jpg (81.2 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Hooks.jpg (69.8 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg 3-Kipp.jpg (86.0 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 04-05-2012 at 10:54 AM.