View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

For some reason, it just seems this set never got the "push" that other caramel and tobacco issues have received. Of course, Wagner and Cobb continue to go up as do the rarities like the McQuillan Cinci card, but by and large, this set's always been a pretty affordable one with cards relatively easy to find.

Hugh - really happy you still have that Cobb/Wags panel - it's an AMAZING piece and truly something unique to have both Cobb and Wagner on the same card! I'm happy I hung on to at least one of them. So tell me, does my Frank Chance panel "count" as a card in the 24-card m116 "blues" subset, or do I have to actually go out and find the real card to be able to cross that one off the list...heh!

Sean - I dig that Brown. It's a blank back? Is it a proof or made of a different paper stock at all? Or is it just a normal m116 that just happens to have a blank back?

Adam - the Lennox has an interesting look to it. No flesh color on the face...did it miss a color pass? Same question for you that I asked Sean, is this a normal m116 that is blank-backed or is it a proof/hand cut example?