View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I've heard you should open questionable items in front of post office staff so you have a witness? Don't know if it is true but thought I would mention it.
I would think that would only be applicable when you're looking for a witness to attest to the immediate appearance of an item when it concerns an insurance claim with the USPS. Otherwise even if the card appears tampered the post office employee is no expert on the subject to stand as witness if indeed he did tamper with the holder or card. His best insurance would be before and after photos. If the card is tampered with and damaged beyond the point that you might be able to prove happened only on his end, then you may have a claim to refer a case of fraud to eBay and the postal inspectors.

I doubt the card will be damaged or tampered with, the guy just sounds like an idiot. His description of damage wouldn't substantiate any swapping or harm he could do to the card. If anything his description helps any claim you make that the card was received in good condition.