View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Is it possible that they removed only the front image (black box and inward, only) from a real EPDG-backed card, scraped the image off, then glued a real Cy Young image into the hole and 'cleaned up', as opposed to re-backing the card?

It is virtually impossible to "re-back" a T206 card which will get past a Grading Co. Conversely, you can "shave" the front off a T206 card, and laminate a reproduced front.
A professional paper restorer can accomplish this so that a Grading Co. will not discern that it is a FAKE. This is exactly what was done 12 years ago when we saw Cobb's,
Matty's, etc. with impossible F/B combos.

I posted a Net54 thread on this process 2 years ago titled...." Rebacked T206's....heck NO....perhaps, they are Re-Fronted DRUM, HINDU cards ? "
Here is the Link......
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=re-fronted

I was criticized back then by quite a number of Net54er's, when I claimed that the red Cobb with the red HINDU back was a Re-Fronted fake. Since then, some of my critics
have come around to agreeing with me regarding this particular red Cobb/red HINDU card.

Regarding these two latest fakes, I guess the scammers cannot find anymore tougher backs to "gimmick up"....such as common T206 DRUM's, Red HINDU's, and UZIT cards.

Consider this......the bad news was the LOST commons of DRUM's, red HINDU's, and UZIT cards that were RUINED in the process of these scammers attempts to Re-Front
STAR cards.

The good news (so far) is that these scammers are unfamiliar with the F/B combos of these T206's; therefore, we caught most of these fakes.

T-Rex TED