View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey Clayton
I didn't really go into it but I think the Garters are now considered 1912 for the suitcase variety and 1914 for the other two types, regardless of what flips say on them. Personally I like the 1912s the best too but they are all great looking.
Thanks Leon, that works for me. I must admit I got pretty confused because I'm looking in a 4 year old Beckett big book (which I use for checklists & to look for types I'm not familiar with) and they have a picture of the 1913 that looks nothing like the description they use for that year (like your Herzog, the description does describe the 1913 year). The card they show in the book appears to be a portrait shot of Waddell with "American League Champions" above his head and "Athletic Base Ball Team" below him. He's not even on the checklist........and the card shown looks familiar to me, but as another type of card. This could be an error, I don't know. 2008 edition on page 89 if anyone wants to look.

I'm going to go with the 1912 suitcase version and the other two types I'll figure are 1914

Corey- I do not have an image of the Johnson but he is on the checklist- I'd love to see an image myself.

Sincerely, Clayton