View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Zach

Default Finally completed N162 HOF!

I finally got all 4 HOF cards from the N162 set. I had to settle for AUTH on the Brouthers and Anson. But the King Kelly was an amazing story I paid $1,000 for it to a seller on ebay from the U.K. The listing was less than 24 hours old. Judging by the appearance, this card is likely VG-VGEX, and if that's the case $1,000 is super cheap for that grade. I worried about it not being real but I gambled and I won! They shipped fast as hell too! Took two days! As long as the Kelly is not an Auth, I scored big, if it's an Auth I still did ok.

I also want to pay tribute to the N162 set. In my personal opinion N162 is the most beautiful set of cards ever made in history. This fine life like lithograph looks like a 19th century painting. I am truly shocked that these cards are not worth more money. This is the finest lithograph art on a baseball card. These cards sit on the fine line of looking like color photos but also looking like litho because of the fine detail. The Anson and Kelly cards have to be the most beautiful baseball cards ever made in my opinion. I am not going to go as far as saying these are the most unique, or cool looking, rarest, or anything like that. All I am saying they are the most beautiful cards I have ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1522.jpg (76.2 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1524.jpg (75.1 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1523.jpg (72.7 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1525.jpg (72.1 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1526.jpg (74.2 KB, 240 views)