View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Scott Levy

Default FS: Childhood collection (for a kid or charity only)

Gents (and ladies?),

I'm cleaning up my basement and discovering thousands (tens of thousands?) of mostly baseball cards. They're from when I collected as a kid (almost all 1980s with a sprinkling of '70s and '90s). and almost all baseball with some basketball and hockey.

I remember being a kid and 'inheriting' a collection sort of like this. If anyone on here has a kid (15 or younger) that loves sportscards it's all theirs for $300 including shipping.

or
If you want to give this collection to a children's charity or to disadvantaged youth It's yours free and I'll also pay shipping.

The only requirement is that the recipient be an actual collector who's young and not just someone who's going to resell them on ebay.

Details - who knows? You probably won't find any top-shelf cards that would sell for $50 or more ... but there will be many, many HOF cards (I flipped through and saw ryan, ripken, rose, yaz, etc) and I might toss in a few surprises from my current collection as well

Also, if your kid feels that they didn't get good value - that's cool - keep the cards and I'll refund your $$.

Best,
Scott