View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

Default T-shirt to chase the dream.....

So I've been thinking about creating a shirt that lets people know that you are a person who is knowledgable about old baseball cards.

Basically advertising "Ask me about your OLD baseball cards"... in the hopes that some elderly gentleman will say "Sonny, I collected tobaccy cards when I was a wee pup and I've still got them all just collecting dust... come up to my attic".

I know it's a dream, but it's fun to think about. I recently saw the boyhood collection of a friend which entailed full sets of 52-58 topps, 50s bowman, red man, double play, etc and a ton of other great looking cards that he has had for 50+ years. Amazing stuff. When I told him I'd give him $20,000 for it right now and I bet it's worth closer to $50,000 if he sold it through the right people he didn't believe me. It's probably as close to a "find" as I'll ever get.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas for what a shirt could look like? And would you want one? Perhaps Leon could use it as the next prize shirt once the current Net54 shirts are gone.