View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Leon,
You are right but I cant stand when "newbies" come on and ask is this autograph good? Does this look real? Isnt that what Richard and others get paid for? And I dont blame them for not answering back. But then all the "experts" come out of the woodwork offering up thier opinion on it. So now lets say the person goes and buys it based off of what is said here,and the item turns out BAD. Are any of these " experts" going to give this poor guy his money back? Based on thier opinion! I think not. And that is why it can be dangerous to look at an item for 2 minutes and give an opinion. Look at poor Dave and the Babe Ruth Ball had it for over 10 years to now come and find out that it isnt worth a hill of spit! And Dave my friend arnt you suppose to be one of those experts. And Im not saying that in the wrong way Im saying even the best can be taken it. Have been and will continue to be.
Man, we're just discussing stuff. This is a discussion forum. If the professional authenticators don't want to chime in, there's not much for the rest of us to do except exchange our own insights regarding items that we want to discuss. If you don't like it, go start a thread for yourself and the other pin-heads. And no one has declared themselves an "expert" - you're the one tossing that word around.

It's Saturday - go have a beer and chill out.