View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
I can totally relate, Jim. I started collecting T206's a year ago and I've been hooked ever since! One of the great thing about collecting them is that I don't really care so much about the player, but the feeling that these guys played 100 years ago or so...the history of it all. I have a goal to eventually obtain the set, but it will be a long way before that happens.

You're definitely right about Net54, Leon does a great job and there are endless contributors on the board...without them, I am pretty much dumb when it comes to tobacco cards.

Mike
Hey Mike,

I have no illusions of ever completing a t206 set, but I like the idea. The first card I fell in love with was my Ed Summers, Detroit T206. I fell in love with it because I researched him and realized he was an amazing pitcher for just a short time and succumbed to rheumatism and ended his life just 10 blocks from where I grew up. The history and the connection, realizing I had tread the same ground that this unsung baseball hero had tread, made me fall in love with vintage cards...

And yeah, Thanks again Leon for having this forum. There are a lot of guys on here who know it all, but there are probably as many of us who are just trying to figure it out and this place is a good place for those of us who don't know it all...

Cheers,

Jim

Cheers,

Jim