View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 03:53 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Over the years, I've gotten to meet quite a few players but my favorite, by far, was Bob Feller. The guy was the epitome of the proud American from the heartland. Several years back, I had picked up a nice J.C. Higgins Feller model glove...always wanted one and had it reconditioned, relaced and oiled up...sharp glove. Fast forward a few years and Feller was at a show in NJ...I hopped in the car and brought my glove with me. When I showed the glove to Mr. Feller, he grabbed it out of my hand (in a good way) and put it on his hand, pounding the glove with his other hand to make a nice pocket. Spent a few minutes talking with him about the glove and snapped the photo below. A little over a year later and he's gone..I never saw him play but he's one of my favorite players ever...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Feller&Me.jpg (70.9 KB, 183 views)
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.