View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Scott H.

He isn't a baseball player nor a Hall of Famer yet, but I have a couple of interesting stories about Brett Favre.

I was working a second job bar tending in the mid 90's, down on Water Street in Milwaukee. It was a typical packed Friday night with people 4 deep at the bar when all of a sudden the mass of people parted like the Red Sea and it got really quiet. Up to the bar comes Brett, Frank Winters and Mark Chmura. It was like a comedy act with them. Very funny guys. Honest to God, Brett came back behind the bar and slung drinks for about a half hour. He was a genuinely nice guy. Frank and Mark were as well. Every drink Brett served to people was paid for by them. Eventually, they headed on over to the bar next door, along with every hottie that was in our bar. I still have the bottle of Cuervo signed by all three.

The second story was from the second time I met Brett. My wife is a huge Favre fan and her and I went up to Green Bay to watch training camp in '98. After the Packers were done practicing, we went over to Lambeau and stood in the players parking lot waiting for them to come out to get some autographs. This was before 9/11. Since 9/11, the players parking area has been gated off. Anyway, my wife and I see Brett's agent, Bus Cook come out and we head over and talk to him. I told him the bar tending story and asked if he could get Brett to sign my wife's Jersey. So Bus heads back in and about 15 minutes later, we see Brett looking out a second story window then walk away. Bus comes down and tells us to come in and we got to spend about 5 minutes with Brett. He actually remembered me from the bar(which was surprising considering how much he drank) and he was extremely nice to my wife, signed her jersey and HE even suggested I take a picture of her with him. He put his arm around her and had a big genuine smile.