View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
Don't care. Yankees suck.

To be honest (though I was honest about the Yankees sucking), is the Ruth looks a bit funny to me. But I'm no expert so even I don't take seriously my opinion on the matter.

I recently met a lovely, nice woman from NYC. I was relieved to learn she was a Mets fan. "Okay," I thought. "Mets I can handle."

If it's any consolation, I don't like the Red Sox either.
David, I never liked the Mets either, but only because I grew up an Astros fan, and they crawled out of the cellar quicker than we did (yes, it was jealousy).

But, back to the topic. This collection of balls is amazing - I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the stories on his website. But that Yankme's ball does illustrate that there's a problem that no one really wants to talk about unless it involves one of their enemies - the 'good guys' are off-limits, and that's what fostered this situation to begin with.

In most cases (note the qualifier), the only person who is sure his Ruth ball is authentic, is the guy who has it sitting in his trophy case - for him, that signature HAS to be real every time he brings over one of his buddies for a cigar and single malt.

I say, toss this one to Pickles.