View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Brian, a few things:
  • I have had plenty of Sovereigns that were short, but NOT trimmed. I would have no problem buying this card with a money-back guarantee if upon receipt I felt like it was trimmed - I think ALL ungraded cards should be sold/traded with such a guarantee.
  • Apple Green cards sell for a premium...period. It doesn't matter if the player only comes with apple green. Honus Wagner only comes with Piedmont and SC 150 backs. Scarcity is the issue - not the assortment of backs available.
  • I would pay $30-40 for that card all day long.
Did you make an offer? I didn't and have no interest in the card despite your implication that I am trying to lowball the card away from the guy. I certainly could be wrong on price but not by much. A PSA 1.5 Apple Green Sovereign Crawford w/bat sold for $50 recently. A PSA 2 went for $65. A trimmed card should go for less. Just my thoughts. Of course if is not trimmed (it sure looks very, very small though) then you're talking a $150 card. At least given recent sales of PSA 3-4's. All of this is easy to research and verify.

And yes, quoted sales are all for Apple Green Sovereign's.