View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Since nobody else is taking a crack at this one I'll share what I know about this card.

The fact that your Crawford is a Sovereign back does give it some additional value. Sovereign backs are more difficult to obtain than Piedmont or Sweet Caporal. Not by a wide margin but there is some additional value there. The fact that it is an Apple Green Sovereign is redundant. All Crawford W/Bat Sovereigns are Apple Green. There may be a handful of people out there looking for an Apple Green HOFer for their back set but there is very little additional demand because it is Apple Green.

The card is definately trimmed. No "closer inspection" needed. It's trimmed.

I'd place a ballpark price on it of $30-$40.
Brian, a few things:
  • I have had plenty of Sovereigns that were short, but NOT trimmed. I would have no problem buying this card with a money-back guarantee if upon receipt I felt like it was trimmed - I think ALL ungraded cards should be sold/traded with such a guarantee.
  • Apple Green cards sell for a premium...period. It doesn't matter if the player only comes with apple green. Honus Wagner only comes with Piedmont and SC 150 backs. Scarcity is the issue - not the assortment of backs available.
  • I would pay $30-40 for that card all day long.