View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
This is F'-ing ridiculous. As soon as a few marks are found on a 206 its instantly a variation but if its another less collected set the obvious variations are swept under the rug and disregarded. The Graham 205 Blue writing vs Black writing on front. No way to say its not a deliberate change in ink thus making it a variation but will probably never be recognized as such. The PB white is another. There was also a card I wanted to buy from Turner at nationals that was a reverse image. That was a strip card found with 2 different fronts yet it is disregarded as a variation. So WTF makes a variation. Just Because its a 206 is my vote and nothing less.
Andrew, to me it's interesting because it's an oddity that hasn't yet been explained, and it's found with different backs. It's weird - that's all. Not in the same league as the Graham you describe. The T206 is more popular than the T205, so people are more interested in discussing these strange things.

As you know, it's difficult to get the T205 collectors on this board to talk about anything related to the set, so you know they aren't going to want to make people aware of the truly scarce items that aren't public knowledge. If I find a T205 with anything the least bit unusual about it, or even a well-known variation, I tuck it away for later discussion. I think the only way you are going to get really in-depth discussions on T205s, is to set up your own discussion forum specifically for that purpose, and invite all the T205 collectors - if you build it they will come.

edited to add: I have gotten GREAT response to my T205 questions via PM and email, so I know 'they' want to talk about the set. (thanks)

Last edited by Runscott; 01-22-2012 at 10:31 AM.