View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Blitzu, I think the population report information would be about worthless. First, rarer backed cards are more likely to be graded than common backed cards. Next, lots of the cards have been broken out, and some of those have been resubmitted. Another factor is that the graders had a difficult time in accurately assessing the card, some more than others; and by that I'm not talking about a number grade, but actually identifying the card.

Similarly, to look at a collection, someone might have tried and tried to get one Uzit, one Carolina Brights, one Broadleaf... to then see about 500 white border cards, one of which is a CB and one of which is BL and think that 0.2% of the collection is CB, so it must be that 0.2% of all cards out there are CB... there's the trap. When I started collecting these, I gathered about half a dozen Hindu's without any awareness or conscious effort, it was mainly about the fronts then. That wasn't true for CB or BL...
I hear ya, but there are still a lot of "what ifs" left out there because of these cards. The possibility still exists that one could have sent in 3 dozen drums (just an example) at one time because they stumbled upon them and has been hording them since. Not that it would be a great deal of cards to change all perceptions but it would be meaningful enough to know.

Has PSA ever made an effort to figure out what these unlabeled cards are?
Sorry for the highjack OP. It's my last question about this side note.