Trent Dilfer
Kerry Collins
Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Matt Hasselbeck
Rex Grossman

All of the above players led their team to the Super Bowl and I can't imagine anyone thinking any of these QB's were all that special. Plus if you get rid of Romo, who do you replace him with. It's not like someone better is available.
Many on your list had great years the year they led their team to the Superbowl. I don't think anyone here said Romo was the only issue with the Cowboys.

But I'll make this real easy. Go back to the 1st game between the Cowboys and Giants this year. Look at what Romo has done since then. Look at what Eli has done since then. The Giants had to have wins, so Eli led them to wins. The Cowboys didn't 'have' to have a win, so Romo didn't step up. Sorry, but he didn't. You can talk all you want about his q.b. rating, but Danny White had some great 'q.b. rating' seasons as well.

That's really the best I can do - if you want to hang the Cowboy's future on Tony Romo, then you'll get 4-6 more years of the same. Obviously the Cowboy's organization is happy with Romo, or he'd have been booted two years ago, so I must be wrong.

edited to add: I'll go out on a limb here, even "IF" Jones gets the supporting cast that any team would need in order to make a serious playoff run. A better clutch quarterback 'might' (but probably not) get the current Cowboys to the Superbowl. If Romo stays and Jones does everything he needs to do to shore up the team, Romo will still not get the Cowboys to a Superbowl - another team with an equal supporting cast, but with a star quarterback (like the Saints or Packers) would knock off a great Cowboys team with Romo. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-08-2012 at 12:52 PM.