Thread: Cowboys Suck
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ease View Post
He's married now and she's smokin, so i don't think that's the problem. IMO he's just an average qb, like Scott said, great at times and absolutely horrendous at others. If the pokes are going to win a super bowl with Romo at the helm, they're going to have to get better at o-line and secondary; not necessarily a Dilfer & Ravens situation, as I think he's better than Dilfer was, but he needs more help than he's got right now.
It's hard for some of us to forget that pre-playoff moment when he was apparently more fixated on Jessica Simpson than on the playoff game - it appeared to me at the time to be a bad sign for the future. But future events showed that he's just inconsistent. But yeah, the Ravens were a very extreme example - I doubt any team will ever again get to a Superbowl with a quarterback like that.

I will even take back my previous statement and say that I think Romo CAN win the Super Bowl, but he would have to have several great games in a row, and I don't think he's capable of stringing together more than two under that kind of pressure. The two major weak spots you mention (o-line and secondary), even if remedied, I don't think will solve the Romo inconsistency issue. But we'll see next year - no way Jones lets us have a third year in a row like this.