View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowGrove View Post
This is an odd thread to me - because there is an unwritten rule not to out auctions -live, ebay, etc. - fellow forum members always get disappointed when an auction is posted before it is over - that's why it's frowned upon. Okay maybe the REA's and huge auctions don't apply but for the most part.

However, the distinction we should make here is that when questions are asked about items that are in current auctions, I see they are typically asked w/o disclosing the actual auction. There would be a photo, maybe a note saying something like, "I have a chance to buy this next week..." but not the actual link to auction.

Right guys?
That is pretty much correct.
Just like Matt said above, there are no rules about outing auctions and there never will be. We have discussed this many times. There are more reasons for not having a rule about it than having one. Now, that being said, I, like many folks, would rather live auctions not be outed. I won't be emailing or PM'ing anyone about it unless I think it's their OWN auction. Now that would be against the rules of advertising a card you own for sale on the main board. If you want to do that then there is a BST section for it. This is the way the etiquette and rules have been as far back as I can remember. carry on... best regards

edited to add- almost all times you can copy a picture and post it without outing the auction

Last edited by Leon; 01-05-2012 at 08:12 AM.